Public Engagement – How to get Started
Trainers: Dr Emma Gillaspy, Vitae North West Hub
Dee-Ann Johnson & Suzanne Spicer, University of Manchester
This course is aimed at research staff who are new to public engagement activities and don’t know where or how to start. This workshop will cover the essentials when starting out on public engagement activities. Topics covered include:
- Why do public engagement? Explore your motivations - career, inspiration, raising your profile, developing skills, enhancing your research.
- Who is the public and how you identify their interests?
- Methods and formats of public engagement activity
- Planning for successful engagement
- Public engagement support and networks.